Recipe: Bourbon Peach BBQ Baked Beans
cook time 45 minutes
servings 8 servings
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans rinsed + drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pinto beans rinsed + drained
- 2-3 ripe peaches chopped (use 2 if peaches are big, 3 if they are small)
- 1-½ cups your favorite BBQ sauce
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3-1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (use this to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoons salt + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place an oven safe 3-5 quart Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and pepper and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. If there is a lot of fat in the pot, drain off all but 1 tablespoon.
- To the bacon, add the cannellini beans, pinto beans, peaches, BBQ sauce, maple syrup, bourbon, balsamic dijon mustard, chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Give everything a good stir to combine.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the sauce has thicken and is bubbly.
- Serve warm